Clinical Somatics Exercises: Level One Course
In the Level One Course, you’ll learn how to use Clinical Somatics exercises to alleviate common musculoskeletal conditions, improve your posture and movement, and prevent recurring pain and injuries. By the end of the course you’ll be self-sufficient, able to prevent and relieve your own pain by doing the exercises you feel that you need each day.
Level One Course Curriculum
Clinical Somatics exercises are slow, gentle, and therapeutic. The exercises are appropriate for all ages and fitness levels. In the two-month Level One Course, you’ll learn Thomas Hanna’s Clinical Somatics exercises one by one though video demonstrations, audio classes, and written explanations. You’ll spend several days focusing on each exercise before moving on to the next one. This focused time will give you the opportunity to become completely comfortable with the exercises and the effects that each one has on your body.
Periodically, you will do short audio classes that combine the exercises into sequences. At the end of the course, you’ll receive a comprehensive Daily Practice Class that includes all of the exercises. Ultimately, you will have learned the exercises well enough that you are able to assess yourself and do what you need on a daily basis to prevent and relieve your pain and continue to improve your posture and movement.
In the Level One Course, you’ll learn how to:
- Use Thomas Hanna’s technique of pandiculation to release chronic muscle tension and relieve chronic pain
- Alleviate back pain, disc problems, joint pain, kyphosis, lordosis, scoliosis, sciatica, osteoarthritis, uneven leg length, and more
- Learn exercises that release the lower back, hips, abdominals, obliques, shoulders, iliopsoas muscle, and more
- Improve posture, mobility, balance, body awareness, and muscular control
- Prevent recurring injuries and degeneration
- Improve athletic performance and speed recovery time
- Develop a daily practice that addresses your individual needs